by A Turn to Learn
Pre-Kindergarten - Kindergarten
This FREE, no prep video will teach your students how to write the uppercase and lowercase B and is easy to assign Google Classroom through the YouTube link and Google Slides files included! The video is about five minutes long and includes clear directions to write the letter along with a catchy poem!
HOW DO I USE THE VIDEO?
You can use the video in a number of ways:
- Play the video on your smartboard for the class.
- Assign the video in Google Classroom through an included YouTube link.
- Assign the video though the Google Slides file that includes the video and the poems for easy student reference!
HOW WILL THE VIDEO ENGAGE STUDENTS?
The video has students echo read the poems and includes visuals of tracing the letter. It also encourages students to “air write” the letter... there's nothing more fun than pretending your finger is a paintbrush and writing in the air!
WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER LETTERS?
The Letters A and B are free... and you can save 20% on the entire alphabet by buying the rest of the videos as a bundle!
HOW CAN I REINFORCE THE POEMS AFTER THE VIDEO?
Use any (or all) of these files:
• Alphabet Writing Practice for the Smartboard: After showing the video, I do some group practice on the smartboard using this file, having students take turns coming up and writing their letters while practicing the alphabet formation poem.
• Handwriting Book (with the poems!): Have students practice their letter formation with the poems right in front of them!
• Alphabet Writing/Formation Signs: I post our current poems on the board for the day, then place them in a binder afterwards for students to reference.
The video also informally introduces consonants and vowels - the backgrounds of vowels are in red, while the backgrounds of consonants are in blue.
A Turn to Learn
and get THOUSANDS OF PAGE VIEWS for your TpT products!
Go to http://www.pinterest.com/TheBestofTPT/ for even more free products!
Post a Comment