by Wise Owl Factory
1st - 2nd Grade
Alphabetical Order Lesson, Centers, Work Pages, Pocket Chart Cards, SMART Board and Printable Pages
Notebook File for Smart Board with 46 slides. Many are interactive for learning alphabetization. There are three main centers as well as a quilt with additional activities and work pages. Pocket chart cards provide a teaching option.
1. Sports fun words center, 15 page PDF
2. Alphabetize to 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th letter work pages, answer keys, and pocket chart cards (the words are also on interactive slides) 28 pages
3. Student quilt and centers, work pages, rubrics, and teacher sign/posters 21 pages
4. Math center with number words to alphabetize with pocket chart cards, 23 pages, differentiation option work pages
5. Reading center with school words to alphabetize, student page, key, and pocket chart cards, 15 pages
6. Student work pages to make small a to z booklets, extra pictures of difficult letters, 19 pages
7. Student awards to print in color and in black and white, 4 pages, two per page
125 printable pages in all
Alphabet books would be helpful for the student packet or work pages. Any ABC books would need to be checked out of a library or located prior to parts of this lesson. Specific titles not required.
CCSS standards are directed toward fostering students’ understanding and working knowledge of concepts of print, the alphabetic principle, and other basic conventions of the English writing system. These foundational skills are not an end in and of themselves; rather, they are necessary and important components of an effective, comprehensive reading program designed to develop proficient readers with the capacity to comprehend texts across a range of types and disciplines. Instruction should be differentiated: good readers will need much less practice with these concepts than struggling readers will. The point is to teach students what they need to learn and not what they already know—to discern when particular children or activities warrant more or less attention.
Carolyn Wilhelm-- Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for their own classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without permission in writing from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.
Carolyn Wilhelm, NBCT
Wise Owl Factory
and get THOUSANDS OF PAGE VIEWS for your TpT products!
Go to http://www.pinterest.com/TheBestofTPT/ for even more free products!