By: Hannah Stark, 21st Century K
Address the 21st Century Learner Standards with this cute unit about how the President uses 21st Century Skills just like we so with Common Core aligned activities.
Unit Contents: (Each in both color and black/white!)
1. “The President is a Learner Just Like Me!” - Shared/Guided Reading Book on 21st Century Learners’ Skills and how U.S. Presidents must have those skills, too! RI.K.10, RI.1.1, RI.2.10
2. “Let’s Read About President Lincoln” – Informational Reading Passage with Comprehension Questions RI.K.1, RI.1.1, RI.2.1
3. “Let’s Read About President Washington” – Informational Reading Passage with Comprehension Questions RI.K.1, RI.1.1, RI.2.2
4. “All About President Barak Obama – Mobile or Graphic Organizer Activity L.K.6, L.1.6, SL.2.2 (Addressed through presentation and/or discussion.)
5. “I can be the President!” – Write and draw about how you would use 21st Century Skills if you were president. W.K.8, W.1.8, W.2.8